The JATC has formulated a rigorous 5 year apprenticeship training program that leads to building trades journeyman, a professional craftsman who meets the needs of our signatory contractors and clients.
Basic qualifications for application into the Local 396 apprenticeship program:
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Picture ID required.
- High school graduate or adequate proof of or equivalent educational attainment.
- Transcripts of grades required.
- Must be a resident of Columbiana, Mahoning or Trumbull County.
- Must take the test as prescribed by the JATC Committee. These may include tests by the Ohio State
- Employment Service.
- Personal interview by the committee.
- Applicants selected for our program will be required to take a physical examination and drug test by a physician approved by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee.