When you enter an apprenticeship, you agree to work in an on-the-job training program and attend specialized classes for five years. As an apprentice in the unionized skilled trades, you:
- Earn a good salary while learning your trade – a salary that increases as your skills and knowledge increase.
- Receive books and other educational material at little or no cost (varies by location).
- Learn from instructors who have hands-on experience in the sheet metal industry.
- Apply what you learn right away—your career begins with your apprenticeship.
- Graduate with ZERO student loan debt.
There is no cost to the apprentice for training, although the apprentices are required to purchase their own hand tools and drafting kits. Apprentices also receive credits towards an Associate Degree, at no cost.